In an effort to be a trusted and helpful resource in your search for the right senior living option, we’ve pulled together some of the most frequent questions we receive about The Barrington. Of course, you’re bound to have more specific inquiries of your own. That’s why we’re always happy to lend an ear and our expert knowledge. If you still have unanswered questions, please reach out using the contact form on this page or by giving one of our sales counselors a call at 1-877-373-4514.
What is The Barrington of Carmel?
The Barrington is a retirement community for senior adults in Carmel, IN, defined by three qualities:
- First, it’s a residential retirement option that encourages health and wellness through an active, independent lifestyle.
- Second, it provides services, social activities and special amenities to enhance the lifestyle you’re already enjoying.
- Third, as the one and only Life Care community in Carmel, it provides every independent living resident guaranteed access to on-site assisted living, memory support and skilled nursing care – all at little additional cost, should they ever need it, for as long as they need it.
What’s so special about a Life Care community?
Your entrance fee provides you with Life Care, which allows you to enjoy independent residential living with the reassurance that additional care is available, should you ever need it, at predictable monthly fees. Living at The Barrington eliminates the time-consuming chores of home maintenance, fear of becoming a burden to family, concerns about aging among strangers, and worries about the availability and cost of quality long-term care. Life Care at The Barrington combines unparalleled financial security and peace of mind with a truly independent and fulfilling lifestyle.
What does it mean to be a not-for-profit community?
While for-profit communities use their income to pay dividends to investors, The Barrington, as a not-for-profit entity, reinvests revenue after expenses into the community, where it belongs. This difference is at the heart of SQLC’s mission and vision. Additionally, our not-for-profit status means that The Barrington must meet stringent financial guidelines, including strict government regulations. Residents have peace of mind, knowing that not-for-profit financial controls and reduced operating costs translate into lower, stabilized monthly fees and favorable tax credits and exemptions. Research also indicates that not-for-profit communities invest more resources into health services than for-profit communities.
What will my monthly fee cover?
The monthly fee covers the full range of services, including:
- Full interior and exterior maintenance of your residence
- Beautifully landscaped grounds
- Concierge services
- All community amenities
- Flexible dining services, with the cost of one meal included per day
- All utilities including cable television, with the exception of phone and internet
- Weekly housekeeping and laundering of flat linens
- On-site security with emergency call systems in each residence
- Transportation services
- Underground parking
When comparing the cost of living in your current home to living at The Barrington, we think you’ll be pleasantly surprised. Plus, you’ll experience true peace of mind, knowing all high-quality health services are available right here on campus. For details on pricing, please call 1-877-373-4514.
As a Life Care resident, what if I run out of money?
At The Barrington, we value our commitment to our Life Care residents, so we’ve created a Financial Hardship Protection Plan. If you outlive your resources for reasons beyond your control and can’t pay your monthly fee, you can stay in your residence and keep your guaranteed priority access to our on-site health care. See your Life Care agreement for details.
Is the community safe and secure?
Yes. As a resident of The Barrington, you enjoy 24/7 security, supported by a team dedicated to your safety. Each residence is equipped with an emergency call system for your added protection and comfort.